House Bill 165 (2010)
It is an act relating to Kentucky Access.
House Bill 165 proposes to amend KRS 304.17B-015 to require Kentucky residency for eligibility in Kentucky Access, clarify that eligible individuals cannot be eligible for other group health insurance coverage but may be eligible for individual coverage, to provide that dependents shall not be eligible for Kentucky Access if group coverage has been waived, and to clarify by listing related individuals who are permitted to pay a member's premium; amend KRS 304.17B-019 to delete the requirements that one offered plan shall be the standard benefit plan; amend KRS 344.040 to allow employers to charge smokers a higher rate for an employer-sponsored health plan and to offer incentives for smoking cessation.
- Jan 5 - Introduced in House; to Banking & Insurance (H)
- Jan 20 - Posting waived; reported favorably, 1st reading, to Consent Calendar with committee amendment (1-title)
- Jan 21 - 2nd reading, to Rules; posted for passage in the Consent Orders of the Day for Wednesday, January 27, 2010; floor amendment (1) filed
- Jan 26 - Taken from the Consent Orders of the Day, placed in the Regular Orders of the Day
- Jan 27 - 3rd reading, passed 99-0 with committee amendment (1-title)
- Jan 28 - Received in Senate
House Committee Amendment (1)
House Floor Amendment (1)
- Filed by Representative Steve Riggs
- Proposes to amend KRS 344.040 to provide that for employer-sponsored health plans, higher employee contribution rates for obese employees do not violate this section.
- Full Version of HFA (1)