House Bill 217 (2010)
It is an act relating to location of car dealerships.
BR 64 proposes to create a new section of KRS Chapter 190 to prohibit the granting of a license for a new motor vehicle dealership, or the relocation of an existing new motor vehicle dealership, within a ten-mile radius of a former dealership whose franchise was revoked by the manufacturer for grounds other than those provided in KRS 190.040(1); allow the granting of a license for a dealership within that ten-mile radius if the manufacturer can show proof that the franchise was offered to the original franchisee and the original franchisee refused the offer.
- Jan 7 - Introduced in House.
- Jan 11 - To Transportation (H).
- Jan 22 - Posted in committee.
- Jan 26 - Reported favorably, 1st reading, to Calendar.
- Jan 27 - 2nd reading, to Rules; floor amendment (1) filed.
- Jan 28 - Posted for passage in the Regular Orders of the Day for Monday, February 1, 2010.
- Feb 2 - 3rd reading; floor amendment (1) defeated ; passed 98-0.
- Feb 3 - Received in Senate.
- Feb 5 - To Transportation (S).
House Floor Amendment (1)
- Filed by Representative Ken Upchurch.
- Proposes to increase radius from 10 miles to 25 miles.
- Full Version of HFA (1)