House Bill 28 (2010)
It is an act relating to water transportation and making an appropriation therefor.
BR 135 proposes to create new sections of KRS Chapter 174 to establish the Water Transportation Advisory Board as an advisory body to the executive and legislative branches of government; provide for members, terms, and administrative procedures; specify duties; create a riverport marketing assistance trust fund to be administered by the Cabinet for Economic Development; provide for grants of up to $15,000 per project or $30,000 per applicant annually for specified marketing activities; create a riverport financial assistance trust fund to be administered by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet; provide for financial assistance for new construction and major replacement or repair projects for Kentucky's riverports; provide for matching grants.
- Sep 2 - Filed to Interim Joint Committee on Transportation.
- Jan 5 - Introduced in House; to Transportation (H).
- Feb 1 - Posted in committee; posting waived.
- Feb 2 - Reported favorably, 1st reading, to Calendar with Committee Substitute.
- Feb 3 - 2nd reading, to Rules; posted for passage in the Regular Orders of the Day for Thursday, February 4, 2010.
- Feb 4 - 3rd reading, passed 95-1 with Committee Substitute.
- Feb 5 - Received in Senate.
House Committee Substitute
- Proposes to eliminate expense reimbursement for Water Transportation Advisory Board members.
- Full Version of HCS