ZAP's Influence on the surrounding community
- The minimum average wage for manufacturing workers in Simpson County is between $11.15 and $12.83 an hour. The ZAP plant will pay workers an average of about $20 per hour, according to a news release.
- Spin-off industries will provide Integrity with tires, windows, seats, batteries and other vehicle parts.
- Company officials are working with local job centers to set up hiring opportunities, and job seekers might be able to upload their resume online at Integrity Motives.
- Employees will be paid a starting rate of $15 to $25 an hour. Workers will receive full benefits with the company paying 40 percent of insurance costs. 
- ZAP officials said they will plant 200 trees for each vehicle sold from the Franklin plant. 
- ZAP officials are giving Franklin residents a gift: a $1,000 rebate to any Franklin resident who orders a ZAP vehicle in the next 90 days.