FreedomKentucky is a wiki that serves as a resource to fulfill this mission: "To empower Kentuckians to take back their freedoms."
What Is A Wiki?
A wiki is a collection of easily edited web pages. Its that simple. The pages have information organized into articles about specific subjects and contain links to other related areas of interest. Wikis are designed so that they are easily and instantly updated by anyone anywhere at anytime!
Wikis thrive on open collaboration. Collaboration helps to keep content accurate, available, and current.
A Kentucky Wiki?
FreedomKentucky is a wiki which focuses on issues important to Kentucky citizens. It serves as a meeting ground for concerned individuals who want to share information about their community, their schools, and elected officials. FreedomKentucky strives to be a respected, plentiful source of information about what is really going on in Kentucky.
FreedomKentucky is sponsored by the Bluegrass Institute For Public Policy Solutions.
Why should I become a contributor?
- You have first-hand knowledge of how government is misappropriating one of your freedoms and you want to explain it to others.
- You have done an open-records request and you want to share that information with others.
- You have first-hand experience of a public official (politician, state employee, public leader) who is taking advantage of the system and you want others to know about it. (And you have proof - video, picture, document, etc)
- You are a parent and have a child in a public school and you believe a public leader (superintendent, principal, teacher) is not performing competently and you want to share the proof you have gathered.
- You are the recipient of a public service (trash collection, utility consumer, stayed in a Kentucky park, played on a public golf course, etc) and you want others to know how effectively (both good and bad) that service is being provided (and you have proof).
Everyone Is Encouraged To Participate
Because it is a wiki, FreedomKentucky thrives on open collaboration. The information contained in these pages will become more specific and accurate with your participation. There are no restrictions as to whom is allowed to contribute. See a mistake? Fix it! Do you know something you want others to know? Publish it! Here is how you do it...
Other Getting Started Topics...
- How Do I Find An Article on FreedomKentucky?
- List of articles
- Registering on FreedomKentucky
- What Can I Do on FreedomKentucky?
- How Do I Create A Page?
- Basics Of Editing
- Article Guidelines