|Office: United States Senator|
|Assumed Office: 1999|
|Political Party: Republican|
|Location: Southgate, Kentucky|
|Phone: (202) 224-4343|
Jim Bunning is one of Kentucky's two senators (the other being Mitch McConnell). Bunning was born in 1931 and is a member of the Baseball Hall of Fame. Bunning is up for re-election in 2010, with several challengers.
Bunning was one of the 12 senators to oppose the TARP, the auto bailout, and the stimulus.
Committee Assignments 
- International Trade and Global Competitiveness
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Health Care
- Subcommittee on Financial Institutions
- Subcommittee on Securities and Insurance and Investment
- Public Lands and Forests
- Water and Power
Opposition to the Bailout Bunning has been one of the most outspoken critics of TARP, the bailouts, and stimulus packages.
Bunning voted AGAINST the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (Bailout of 2008). 
The PATRIOT Act
Bunning voted FOR the reauthorization of the PATRIOT Act in 2006. 
The Second Amendment
Bunning received an A+ rating from the National Rifle Association (NRA) for the 2004 election cycle.
War on Iraq
Bunning voted FOR the use of force on Iraq on October 11, 2002. 
- ↑ Kentucky Club for Growth Award ArticleAccessed April 3, 2009
- ↑ Bunning Committee Assignment PageAccessed Arpil 3, 2009
- ↑ H.R. 1424 Roll Call
- ↑ [http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=107&session=1&vote=00313 PATRIOT Act Senate Roll Call
- ↑ PATRIOT Act Reauthorization Senate Roll Call
- ↑ Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007 (H.R. 2) Roll Call
- ↑ Gun Owners of America Senate Ratings for the 111th Congress
- ↑ War on Iraq Senate Roll Call