Marshall County Public Schools operate in Marshall County, Kentucky.
No Child Left Behind Status
Marshall County, Kentucky
District Improvement - Yr 1
Currently Marshall County Public Schools is in District Improvement - Yr 1 status according to the 2010 No Child Left Behind results. This means that for 3 consecutive years, Marshall County Schools have not made Adequate Yearly Progress. District Improvement - Yr 1consequences require Marshall County to...
- notify parents using state provided information
- revise the district improvement plan
- request technical assistance if needed
- and may make the county subject to corrective action from the Kentucky Department of Education.  Accessed February 02, 2011
The following schools currently fall 2010 No Child Left Behind consequences reports. You can learn more information related to theses consequences by reading more here.
Marshall County Graduation/Dropout Rates
The chart in figure 1 shows graduation rates for Marshall County public school district in comparison to the state average graduation rates for a five year period. The data shows that for the five years, Marshall County performed above the state average in terms of graduation rates although the district recorded declines in 2006 and 2007. Note that there is only one high school in the Marshall county school district, Marshall County High School.
Figure 2 shows dropout rates for Marshall county for five years from 2003 to 2007 alongside the state average dropout rate.
Board of Education
|| (270) 354-9091
| David Gilland
|| (270) 527-1401
| Jacqueline Prater
|| (270) 395-4009
| Randy Travis
|| (270) 527-3149
| Mike Wyatt
|| (270) 354-8254
- Superintendent: Trent Lovett
- Phone: n/a
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central Office:
- Phone: (270) 527-8628
- Fax: 527-0804
- Address: 86 High School Rd., Benton, KY 42025
- ↑ 2010 Adequate Yearly Progress Report for Kentucky